Dos & Don’ts
- Always make sure the surface is clean and dry.
- Work new brushes back and forth across your fingers to remove any loose bristles.
- Make sure you follow the application instructions on the paint can.
- Only dip your paint brush halfway into the can and use the top edge of the can to remove excess paint.
- Apply paint evenly and fully with smooth, short strokes.
- When painting with a roller, follow a top to bottom movement.
- When brush painting timber, paint in the direction of the grain.
- Don’t stir the paint with a brush. Use a stirring stick.
- Don’t let brushes soak in water, solvent or paint for prolonged periods of time. It will cause the brush to become floppy.